Thursday, August 14, 2014

[DIY TUTORIAL] The 1 Minute Scarf Dress

Today, I'll show you how I used a silk floral scarf and turned it into a (faux) dress in 1 min...NO sewing, NO cutting needed!


This is what you'll need:
  • A large scarf (mine was 33"x33" wide)
  • A vest, cardigan, jacket...something that is longer than the scarf
  • 4 safety pins (any size)

Step 1
Tie two ends of the scarf around your neck to make a halter. 


Step 2
Pin the sides of your scarf to the inside seam of your vest, cardigan or jacket. I used two pins on each side: one about 3" below the armhole and the other at the hem. Alternatively, you can make this permanent by sewing the scarf edge to the inside seam of your garment.

Tip: You'll probably want to wear a slip under in case the wind blows open your garment.


Voila! There you go, beautiful! Easy peasy, right? If you this try it out, please let me know, I'd love to see your outfit.

xo,
K


No comments:

Post a Comment